Topic: problem importing text file

I am having trouble importing a text file with comma seperated m/z and int values.

My file looks like for example but I get the error: There was some errors while reading selected document or it contains no data.

"m/z","int"

I also tried a file without column names or tabbed seperated file, or even using the .csv extension, but that didn't work either.

Re: problem importing text file

Hi,

1) remove the header info, only numbers and delimiters are allowed

2) be careful about the numbers, in your example you have two different int values for single m/z value

Thanks for your reply. However, I still can't seem to get it to work.

I try for example a file with these contents:

1;10
2;4
3;9
4;5
5;3
6;2

While this does work when I use File -> New from Clipboard and paste it in there, I get the same error if it is in a .txt file like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Hi,
it can be also a problem of different line endings. If you have any plaintext editor where you can change it, try it. Otherwise I have no idea. I have copied your data, made a txt file and it worked for me (tested on Mac).

I'm using Textmate and a Mac as well (also tried textedit, XCode and others). Line endings should be fine, also checked those. Then I guess I can't fixe it. Thanks anyway! I'll try and open each file manually.

Ah and giving it a last try it finally worked -- probably some problem with my default settings in Textmate I guess. Thanks a lot for te help!